Friday, February 11, 2011

Immmmmmmm Baaaaaack

I took a little hiatus.  Everything is going well.  Audrey is beautiful and Sara is too.  Mama and Mimi just left this afternoon.  They were a huge help and we ate great!  Audrey has been a wonderful baby so far.  She has been sleeping a good bit.  Even at night we are able to get anywhere from 2.5 to 3 hours of solid sleep.   So we are actually only getting up three times a night.  I hope this stays!  The people who say that babies poop doe not smell until they eat solid foods are fibbers and they are in denial.  Cause Audrey's poop is smelly.  Speaking about poop.  She can flat out make a Congress sized mess in her pants, and about the time you drop the draws and start wiping the rear, she has an evacuation like the Berlin wall just fell again.  Just to let all know who might be wondering, its orange poop.  which is good poop, that means she is getting the good rich milk from the boob.


A little education on boob milk.  So the first little bit of milk from the boob is like skim milk, not very nutritious.  The second part of the boob milk is 2 percent, a little better but not the good stuff.  Then once she passes that, its like good ole cream, it just skips the whole and comes with the cream.  Thought you might like to know that.

So we got a new freezer today.  Pretty nice, from Lowes.  It is 13 cubic feet, digital controls, had a scratch on it about one inch long and it had not even peeled off the paint, they had it marked down about 55 dollars.  Got it cheaper than the one we were looking at that was not as good.  I attribute this purchase at such a good sale because of my affinity for collecting junk, or as I refer to it "stuff I will need later, that I can find a place to store it, stack it or hide it and Sara will not know".   I went to look at a used freezer at a flea market, Once there I had to mingle, ya never know when you might find a good bucket and there aint nothing better than a good bucket.  I did find some really nice stuff, like, a steam pot from the 1950' or 60's for 45 dollars and some great porcelain pots for canning for 12 and 15 dollars.  Knowing that Sara would have my hide if I brought that stuff back, I got back on track and inspected the freezer further.  It was in great condition for being 13 years old, but now what I was looking for.

After talking it over with Stoney about potentially buying these awesome items I saw, he talked me out of it.  So off the Lowes we went to get our freezer.  I was looking at the freezer I was going to buy, and out of the corner of my eye a Lowes sales ferry/gnome brought my gaze upon a dusty old dishwasher.  (These ferries/elves/gnomes are said not to exist, but every time I go into Lowes they draw me to the sales carts and shelves, that is my excuse to Sara, maybe if I keep saying it enough she will believe me one day).  So the last item on the line of mark down appliances was this beautiful upright freezer priced just where I would buy it.  As I opened the door to inspect, a man must have also been contacted by the sale gnome, cause he was eyeing the same freezer, but knowing this sale would not last long I used a technique I learned from Stoney.  I lifted my leg and pretended to pee on the lower left corner ( actually I just took the sale sign off and slid it out of the way, but the peeing on it part would have been awesome!).  So to make a long story I just told you shorter, I bought the freezer and its awesome.  If you want to see it come on by, Audrey will give you a tour.

I will have some photos and videos up maybe tonight or tomorrow.

On the next Junk Collector's Travels, we will have a story on Paul going to the Antique store one mile down the road to buy Audrey some of her own junk.  Maybe some bottles to start her collection.

Paul

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor child...audrey that is.