Friday, April 15, 2011

Catching up...

So, we've had a busy couple of weeks since I posted last.  Last weekend, we went up to NC to visit our families and participate in the UNC football lettermen alumni weekend.  We left Thursday evening, which in hindsight, wasn't the best plan.  Audrey usually has her last feeding around 7 or 7:30 and then goes to bed shortly after.  Usually this is a long feeding because she is gearing up for a long stretch of sleep.  Well, since we were driving, I gave her a bottle of breastmilk instead.  We ended up having to make a few stops and she was just cranky from being tired and having her routine all messed up.  Audrey and I spent all day Friday in Cary with my parents.  She also met great grandma Avedian and we all went out to lunch.  Paul was in Chapel Hill at a golf tournament.  We had so much fun and Audrey did so well all day!  She gave everyone lots of smiles and coos and pretty much melted everyone's hearts.  She sure does love to talk and give you smiles and little laughs.  I can do that ALL day.  Friday night, Paul and I went to the Letterman dinner at Kenan stadium, while Audrey stayed with my parents.  We stayed a little while, but not too long b/c I was very anxious to get back to my baby girl.
She slept like a champ Friday night, and Saturday we went to brunch with my family before heading to Chapel Hill to spend some time with Mimi.  We  were supposed to go to the Spring game but it was cold & rainy so we opted out.  Mimi enjoyed the extra time with the baby girl.  That evening, we went to Paul's mom's house and spent the night there.  I'm so glad everyone got to spend time with Audrey and I couldn't believe how happy she was the whole time!
Sunday, we woke up and went to Randleman to eat at Paul's mom's new restaurant, Deep River Cafe.  Everything looked and tasted so good!
I think Audrey ( & Stoney)  were exhausted from the busy weekend, and they both slept most of the way back home to Aiken.

Audrey is now 10 weeks old and today she went for her 2 month MD appointment.  She weighs 11 lbs 3 oz (50% percentile) and is 22 inches long (10-25% percentile).  She has grown so much!  I'm so proud!  She got 3 shots today, but she handled them pretty well!  She is right on track for everything.  She's still a happy baby.  She sleeps so well at night!  9 hours last night..  She's starting to bat at toys and squirm around a lot.  She loves to sit in her Bumbo seat and watch tv (whoops!).  She loves staring at faces and recognizes our voices.  She loves going outside and we go on walks or sit outside everyday.

I have 2 more weeks until I go back to work.  I have very mixed feelings about it.  I just never thought I could be so content at home.  But I am... I love every minute of our time together and I'm really going to miss it.  She'll start daycare and I'm sure she'll be fine, it'll just be an adjustment for everyone.

Ok time to go... somebody just woke up :)
Sara

No comments: