Saturday, April 30, 2011

3 Months Old!

Audrey will be 3 months old on Tuesday.  I'm writing this a little early because the downside of her being 3 months old is that my maternity leave has come to an end and I return to work on Monday.  I anticipate having no energy this week so I won't be doing any blogging.

Audrey is still a wonderful baby.  She brings us so much joy.  Being a mom is the best thing in the world,  Truly...  Monday is going to be a rough day.  In 3 months, I have not been apart from her for more than 3 hours.  So yeah, I'm dreading this week.  She did a trial run at daycare on Friday.  My worries/anxiety were lessened some and she did well with the teachers.  She napped, played, and took a bottle while she was there for 2 hours.  She did great... and I did okay... although after 2 hours I was READY to go pick her up.  So, here's what 3 months looks like...

Unofficial Stats:
Weight:  11 lbs 9 oz
Height:  23 inches
Wearing size 1 diapers, but moving to size 2 this week.  Wearing 6 month clothes and still some 0 to 3.  Although I am packing away more and more every week.  Sigh.

Things for me to remember:  (skip to the bottom if you just want to see pics :)  )
  • Audrey is now reaching for toys and bringing them towards her mouth.  She also can help hold the paci in her mouth.
  • She loves her play gym and gets really excited and flaps her arms and legs.  It's her little dance.
  • She makes eye contact all the time.  She definitely knows who Mom and Dad are.
  • She squeals, squeaks, and coos a lot.  She smiles all the time!  Except when I try to take a picture or video... she stops and just stares at it... haha.  Her favorite is to have a conversation where I talk and she coos and smiles.  Best part of the day.
  • She eats every 2 hours during the day, plays for about 45 minutes, naps for 30-45 minutes and then repeats.
  • She loves to sit on our laps or in her Bumbo.  She can stay in her Bumbo for over 10 min.
  • She can bear weight on her legs and stand with us supporting her upper body for about a minute.
  • She props up on her elbows during tummy time and is getting very close to rolling.
  • She's not a big fan of her car seat and still cries in the car (unless someone sits back there with her), but does great in her Bjorn in stores and in restaurants.
  • She loves being outside... we go out a lot to walk, sit in the rocking chairs, or play on the ground.
  • She sleeps 10-11 hours at night.   She often sleeps this long uninterrupted, but sometimes wakes up once to eat.  We still swaddle her.
  •  
Meeting the Easter Bunny April 23, 2011

Is there something on my dress?

Mom, you are boring me.  I'm going to eat my hand.

Sticking my tongue out

There's a little smile.

Tummy time is hard work!

I'm getting so big!

     More pics on facebook!
      Sara
       

      No comments: